Thursday, November 17, 2011

GreaThings 2011: Today I'm thankful for... (T)

Catching up from yesterday...

GreaThings 2011

Today I am thankful for...
Time


I've been realizing lately just how valuable time is. Each of us has a limited number of minutes here on earth, and we never know how many are left. Not to be gloomy, but it's a fact. I want to consciously "live in the moment" and be thankful for all the blessings God has packed into each day.

I'm thankful for each moment I enjoy with my wonderful husband; I'm thankful for friends who generously choose to spend time with me, whether via email, online chat, phone calls, or in person; I am thankful for all the time my family has invested in me over the years, through the good times and the bad.

May God grant me grace and wisdom to use each moment wisely, worthily, gratefully!

~*~

And then for today's post...

How you make thanksgiving a part of your daily life

Admittedly, this is something I need to keep as a higher daily priority. In the past I have kept gratitude journals and such, which can definitely be helpful in building habits. Right now, I mostly try to be alert whenever I fall into an attitude of complaining or whining, making a conscious effort to focus instead on what is good and positive. And sometimes I fail very miserably. :P

One helpful thing is the time that Joe and I spend praying together each day before he leaves for work. He is always great about focusing on how much we have to be thankful for, and our prayer time is very refreshing and steadying for me: always a highlight of my day.

Yes, I am blessed indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment