What we bought
Fareway shopping trip
- Shredded cheese, 8-oz bags - got 8 bags at 1.50 each (sale)
- Pork and beans (regular sized cans) - got 3 cans at 0.50 each - used 0.50/3 store coupon
- TOTAL - $13.00 - saved 0.50 with coupon, quite a bit more with sales (not sure what regular prices are)
Hy-vee shopping trip
- Jiffy peanut butter - got 4 jars at 1.48 each (sale)
- Ocean Spray cranberry lemonade - on sale for 1.99 - used $1/1 man. coupon
- Barilla pasta - got 4 boxes at $1/box (sale) - used two $1/2 coupons (but I think one didn't scan right, as it's not showing on the receipt - you have to watch closely sometimes!)
- Colgate toothpaste - got 2 at 2.00 each - used a $2/2 coupon and also earned 0.05/gal gas at Hyvee's station
- Yellow peaches - 2.23 lb at 0.99/lb - 2.21
- White peaches - 1.68 lb at 0.99/lb - 1.68
- Red grapes - 2.36 lb at 0.99/lb - 2.34
- TOTAL - $18.48 - saved $4.00 with coupons, more with sales, plus we'll get a little back with the gas deal
Hy-vee shopping trip #2 (since the first Hyvee was out of TP)
- Charmin toilet paper, 12 double roll pack - on sale for 4.88 - used a $3/1 man. coupon
- TOTAL - $2.17 with tax - saved $3.00 with coupon, not a bad price for TP!
Aldi shopping trip
- Seedless grapes - 1.98
- Strawberries, 1 pound - 0.99
- Canteloupe - 1.19
- Bananas - 1.58 lb at 0.44/lb - 0.70
- Grape tomatoes, 1 pound - two boxes at 1.49
- Tortilla chips - 2 bags at 1.19
- TOTAL - $10.22
Aldi shopping trip #2 (later in the week, with a new round of sales)
- Artisan baby lettuce, 4 small heads - 1.49
- Grape tomatoes, 1 pound - 3 boxes at 0.79
- Multi-colored bell peppers, 3-pack - 1.49
- Cucumbers - 6 at 0.25 (these were huge, and SO yummy, I wish we'd gotten more!)
- Canola oil - 2.69
- TOTAL - $10.52
Gifts from my family
Their generosity is such a blessing to us!
- 8 quarts raw goat milk - I used half of this to make yogurt
- 1 dozen eggs
- TOTAL - FREE!
WEEKLY TOTAL - $54.39 - saved $7.50 with coupons (more if you count sales)
What We Ate
- Sunday: Visiting my family.
- Monday: Mediterranean quinoa (my favorite way to fix it - so good!), canteloupe, sourdough garlic toast
- Tuesday: Pepperoni spaghetti pie, garlic/cheese toast, green salad
- Wednesday: Fish sticks, fried rice, tomato/cucumber salad, strawberry shortcake (yum!).
- Thursday: Tortilla wraps with leftover rice and gravy from the freezer, canteloupe, toasted tortillas with sugar and cinnamon. My sisters came to visit this day, so I fixed spaghetti with sauce/ground beef and fresh veggies for a quickie supper.
- Friday: Bean/beef/tortilla casserole, green salad. My sister was still visiting so she made us cheese and tomato sandwiches on leftover homemade buns for supper.
- Saturday: Joe made his amazing chili, cornbread in a cast iron pan (the best!), and veggies for lunch - my parents and sister joined us. For supper I made a quick Dutch Baby/Finnish Pancake and we also had some grapes.
- Breakfasts: Peaches, cinnamon/raisin English muffins (from the freezer), homemade yogurt (yum!)