Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Recipe: Baked Oatmeal

A friend just asked me for my baked oatmeal recipe, and I thought, Why not post it here on the blog so others can enjoy it, too? Credit for this recipe actually goes to my friend Natalie, who shared it with me many years ago. It's delightfully simple, quite versatile, and is a great go-to breakfast that works for gluten-free diets. Great to make up the night before and have an easy breakfast.

Natalie's Baked Oatmeal
1 c. brown sugar (or 1 c. white sugar and 3 Tb. sorghum)
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
3 c. oatmeal (rolled oats work best; steel cut can be too chewy, quick oats too gummy)
raisins, nuts, spices (cinnamon & nutmeg) to taste
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix dry ingredients in one bowl, liquid in another. Combine well. Pour mixture into greased 9x13" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until brown on the edges and relatively firm in the center. Very yummy to eat plain or with milk, either hot or cold.

Makes about 6 servings.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's very similar to the one we make!

    ReplyDelete